A new posting on the job board

Home Forums RolePlay/Ingame A new posting on the job board

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #119389
    TBird
    Participant

    The rural town is surround by woods on all sides, with a main road ending at the entrance to the town
    Anyone with See Spirits who enters the woods around the Helm Alley will, after several hours of searching, begin to hear whispered, childlike cries. PM me when you start looking, I’ll let you know if you find something

    #119390
    Estrella Neish
    Participant

    Laurel dismounts, pausing for a moment to look over the bodies with sorrowful eyes. She then starts searching the town for stray spirits. Taking her time, she combs through the buildings and surrounding area.

    #119391
    Thomas white
    Participant

    Dusk will dismount and scout the area looking at the wounds and layout to try and get as much info as he can from the buildings and if they are still there the bodies. He will then get a shovel and bury all those that he is directed to that Laurel can’t bring back.

    #119392
    TBird
    Participant

    A lone guard will run up to Dusk “I’m sorry, we can’t do that yet! The Guild has some big shot coming in to make a statement or something, and the Guild leaders want him to see what happens when there’s not enough security in these outlying areas”

    #119393
    Kriss
    Participant

    The figure had been trailing the Oasis group for the half-a-day’s journey, taking advantage of the forest which extended to the outskirts of Helm Alley. Though lacking a horse, the watcher made up for it by taking shortcuts through the wood.

    Upon seeing what he sees through the scope, he decides to descend from the tree and head toward the somber scene.

    Those present will see a familiar figure walking right toward them: a wild-haired elf, dressed in patched-up fatigues and jeans, with a scoped, Remington-esque rifle slung over his shoulder.

    #119394
    Thomas white
    Participant

    Dusk will shake his head at the guard. “I don’t like using corpses as examples but as you will.” Seeing the man approach he will nod to him. “Howdy again. You here to help or hinder?”

    #119399
    Kriss
    Participant

    Tal’entharn stops and leans to the side, stretching one leg out and relaxing in the open terrain. He tilts his head partially toward the sky and his face slowly widens into a grin. He gives Dusk and Laurel a mischievous glance, like the glance that one might give if they possess privileged information.

    “Guess that depends on what happens next.”

    #119400
    Thomas white
    Participant

    Dusk smiles at that. ” Far as I know you paid your debt to society. Sentence carried out and no current bounties on the network. Miss Laurel thought you were worth giving a second chance to. Was she right?” Dusk will move his coat aside and rest his hand on the butt of his pistol, not menacingly but prepared in case of violence.

    #119401
    Kriss
    Participant

    He clicks his tongue and looks around, his posture relaxed and unperturbed.

    “Oh, I got people rooting for me now, do I? Guess I must’ve left an impression…

    But enough about me,” he says, winking at the two of them.

    “Whattaya we got here?”

    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Kriss.
    #119403
    Estrella Neish
    Participant

    Laurel moves to stand by Dusk, keeping her eyes on Talen as she walks. “We talked about this Talen. You don’t need to be the enemy here.”

    #119404
    Kriss
    Participant

    He grinds his worn, leather boot against the ground, idly.

    “Mmm…

    Who says I’m here to be an enemy?”

    #119413
    Thomas white
    Participant

    Dusk takes a long breath and lets out a sigh. “All right, I’ll give you a chance too then. What we got here is a mystery. Caravan left recently and the next day everyone in this village was killed. Seems to be tooth and claw did the work. So fast almost no one got a weapon in hand. We came out to suss out who might have done it and see if we can resurrect any of the children who may be wondering around. So what are you gonna do? Think you could help track what did this?” Dusk lights a cigarette and looks at the elf.

    #119418
    Kriss
    Participant

    “Well. Isn’t that interesting,” says the elf. He walks around for a moment and starts examining the bodies and the ground. Talen’s unkempt hair hangs partway over his face as he works.

    “Mmmmm. Somebody’s got an appetite,” he comments, observing the bodies which have meat stripped to the bone in large chunks. He looks up at the present company and grins again.

    Finally, Talen stands up, pursing his lips in a thoughtful expression.

    “This dirt’s packed hard from all that traffic. Can’t be sure that any of these prints are tracks from the attackers… And will you look at all, this, blood,” he says, chuckling, wading his fingers through some of the mess. “They went and left such a mess, it’s covering up the evidence of their… dirty deeds.” He looks up at the Fringers when he says this.

    #119419
    Estrella Neish
    Participant

    Laurel gives Dusk’s hand a squeeze “I’m going to keep looking for spirits” she murmurs “try to keep things peaceful, but if you’re going to get hurt at least be loud about it” She then approaches Talen “you could be helpful if you wanted to. We both know it. Just… try at least. This town has seen enough bloodshed” with that she heads into the surrounding woods, calling out softly to any lost souls.

    #119420
    Thomas white
    Participant

    Dusk settles down next to Talen, slipping into his business like demeanor. ” Okay, so clearly claws and teeth, if we assume these are not animals, which I am inclined to believe because of the attacks to the buildings then we are looking at a few options. Most likely beastmen, Felinae, or mutants since they come equipped with this hardware.”

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.